Nancy Crocker Papers
Scope and Contents
The Nancy Crocker Papers contain a corrected page proof photocopy for the picture book Betty Lou Blue.
- Crocker, Nancy (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Nancy Crocker was born on February 20, 1956. A singer, actor, radio announcer, and writer, Crocker used her knowledge of sound and rhythm to create stories. Crocker's book, Betty Lou Blue, began when Crocker imagined what the largest feet in the world sound like. She wrote her first novel in 1993 but it was not published for over a decade.
Something About The Author, Vol. 185
Language of Materials
The collection contains a corrected page proof photocopy for one title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Nancy Crocker
- Authors, American -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teasing -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nancy Crocker Papers, 2005
- CLRC Staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- December 2016: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library