Elizabeth Enright Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of correspondence, manuscripts, sketchbooks, and printed matter and clippings related to the work of Elizabeth Enright.
- Enright, Elizabeth, 1909-1968 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
6 boxes (7.5 cubic feet)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of manuscripts and other materials related to the work of author and illustrator Elizabeth Enright.
The collection is arranged alphabetically by material type.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Nicholas Gillham.
This collection is minimally processed. Some of the current organization, including foldering with context notes, was created by a researcher who used the material prior to the material being donated to the University of Minnesota.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gillham, Nicholas (Donor, Person)
- Elizabeth Enright Papers, undated
- Caitlin Marineau
- July 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library