Kathryn Mahaffy Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a corrected typescript and page proofs for Mahaffy's 2009 English translation of Bodil Bredsdorff's novel Eidi, originally published in Danish.
- 2008-2009, undated
- Mahaffy, Kathryn (Translator, Person)
- Bredsdorff, Bodil (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Conditions Governing Use
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Biographical / Historical
Kathryn Mahaffy translated Bodil Bredsdorff's Danish novel Eidi, published in the United States in 2009.
1 box (.2 cubic feet)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of a corrected typescript and page proofs for Kathryn Mahaffy's English translation of Eidiby Bodil Bredsdorff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Kathryn Mahaffy.
- Authors, Danish Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, Danish -- Translations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Translators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kathryn Mahaffy Papers, 2008-2009, undated
- Caitlin Marineau
- February 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library