Lisa Brown Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains one drawing by Lisa Brown for the children's book title Emily's Blue Period, written by Cathleen Daly and published by Neal Porter Books in 2014.
- Brown, Lisa, 1972- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Lisa Brown grew up outside Hartford, Connecticut and graduated from Wesleyan University in 1993, going on to receive an MS in Communications Design from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York in 1998. She is the author and illustrator of numerous award winning books; her debut picture book, How to Be, was published in 2006. Brown also draws the Three Panel Book Review cartoon for the book section of the San Francisco Chronicle. She teaches illustration at the California College of the Arts ands lives in San Francisco, California with her husband and son.
1 box (0.20 cubic feet)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of one original art illustration by Lisa Brown.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift purchased by the Kerlan Friends in June 2014.
- Art -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustration of books -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- watercolors (paintings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lisa Brown papers, 2014
- Finding aid created by Kate Dietrick
- July 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library