Ann Herbert Scott Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a corrected typescript and editorial correspondence for the book Sam, first published in 1967.
- 1966 - 1967
- Scott, Ann Herbert (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Ann Herbert Scott was born November 19, 1926, in Germantown, PA and earned a BA from the University of Pennsylvania and an MA from Yale University. She became an editor, writer, and lecturer. Her first book, Big Cowboy Western was published in 1965. As a writer she specialized in picture books for young children. Scott lived in California until her death in 2018.
"Ann Herbert Scott (1926-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 140. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2003.
Language of Materials
The collection contains correspondence and a corrected typescript for one book by Ann Herbert Scott.
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Families -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ann Herbert Scott Papers, 1966-1967
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- August 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library