Ceil and William Baring-Gould Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence and clippings related to the book The Annotated Mother Goose, selected and annotated by Ceil and William Baring-Gould.
- 1962 - 1965
- Baring-Gould, Ceil (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Lucile Moody Baring-Gould was born in Maplehurst, Wisconsin in 1914. She attended the University of Minnesota in 1934 and 1935. She married William Baring-Gould in 1937. He was circulation director of Time, Inc. from 1937 until his death in 1967. Ms. Baring-Gould was a book and magazine author and an active volunteer on the town council in Pound Ridge, NY from 1968 to 1978.
Language of Materials
The collection contains correspondence and clippings related to one children's book created by Ceil and William Baring Gould.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ceil Baring-Gould.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Baring-Gould, William Stuart, 1913-1967
- Book editors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mother Goose Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nursery rhymes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ceil and William Baring-Gould Papers, 1962-1965
- Nancy Larsen
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library