T. A. Barron Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of publication materials for books authored by T. A. Barron and includes manuscripts, editors' notes, revisions, notes about key themes, characters and problems, and original hand drawn maps.
- Creation: 1990 - 2010
- Barron, T. A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Thomas Archibald (T. A.) Barron was born in 1952 in Boston, Massachusetts. He earned his undergraduate degree from Princeton University (1974); attended Oxford University on a Rhodes Scholarship; and received his MBA and J.D. from Harvard University (1982). He served as president of a venture capital business in New York City before becoming a full-time writer and conservationist in 1990. He is best known for his young adult fantasy novels, including the Merlin Saga. He lives is Colorado.
3.75 Cubic Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection consists of the publication materials for by author T.A. Barron.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by publication title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of T. A. Barron.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Adventure stories
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Children's stories, American
- Conservation of natural resources -- Juvenile fiction
- Dragons -- Juvenile fiction
- Fantasy fiction
- Magic -- Juvenile fiction
- Merlin (legendary character) -- Juvenile fiction
- Science fiction
- Time travel -- Juvenile fiction
- Wizards -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- T. A. Barron Papers, 1990-2010
- Nancy Larsen
- 2003, 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2013: Collection reprocessed by Laura Howard; EAD updated by Karen Spilman
- June 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library