Jeannette Eyerly Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains production material for novels written for young adults by Jeannette Eyerly. Included are typescripts, proofs, research, notes, clippings, and reviews. The collection also contains correspondence with publishers and readers.
- Creation: 1959 - 1983
- Eyerly, Jeannette (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Jeannette (Hyde) Eyerly was born June 7, 1908, in Topeka, KS. She attended Drake University and earned an AB from the University of Iowa in 1930. She primarily worked as a writer and lecturer, though she also taught creative writing and served on various community boards of directors. Known for her young adult novels, Eyerly's first book, More Than a Summer Love, was published in 1962. Eyerly lived in Iowa, prior to her death in 2008.
"Jeannette Eyerly (1908-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 86. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1996.
3.75 Cubic Feet (3 record cartons)
Language of Materials
The collection contains production material for young adult novels by Jeannette Eyerly.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by publication title with correspondence and miscellaneous material at the end.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Jeannette Eyerly with additional material from her daughter Jane Kozuszek.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Abortion -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Detective and mystery stories
- Drug abuse -- Juvenile fiction
- Foster home care -- Juvenile fiction
- High school students -- Juvenile fiction
- Love stories
- Runaways -- Juvenile fiction
- Spy stories
- Suicide -- Juvenile fiction
- Teenage boys -- Juvenile fiction
- Unmarried fathers -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Jeannette Eyerly Papers, 1959-1983
- Larry Peterson
- 2004, 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2016: Collection reprocessed and new material added
- June 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library