Joseph Domjan Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts and correspondence for four titles written and/or illustrated by Joseph Domjan, as well as a fan letter from a child and several photographs of Domjan.
- 1962 - 1970
- Domjan, Joseph, 1907-1992 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Joseph Domjan was born March 15, 1907 in Budapest, Hungary. He was woodcut artist and author who has received much recognition for his art. He came to the United States in 1957. Most of his writings for children reflect the folk tales, fairy tales and legends with which he grew up in his native Hungary. Domjan died in New York in 1992.
Language of Materials
The collection contains correspondence, typescripts, and related material for several titles written and/or illustrated by Joseph Domjan.
- Children's literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fairy tales Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore -- Hungary Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hungary -- History -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Joseph Domjan Collection, 1962-1970
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note