Priscilla Jaquith Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains corrected typescripts and dummies for the book Bo Rabbit Smart for True, a collection of Gullah folktales adapted by Jaquith.
- Jaquith, Priscilla (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Priscilla (Hicks) Jaquith was born August 1, 1908, in Brooklyn, New York. She has worked as a newspaper reporter, editor, free-lance writer, and volunteer library assistant. Jaquith died in 2004.
Language of Materials
The collection contains written production material for one children's book published by Priscilla Jaquith.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Priscilla Jaquith.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore -- Georgia -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Priscilla Jaquith Papers, 1980
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library