Annabel and Edgar Johnson Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, proofs, and some additional production material for over a dozen titles for children and young adults written by authors Annabel and Edgar Johnson.
- Creation: circa 1963-1990
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Annabell (Jones) Johnson (also spelled Annabel or A. Johnson on publications) was born June 18, 1921, in Kansas City, Missouri and attended the College of William and Mary and the Art Students League. She began writing in 1957, and wrote mainly in collaboration with her husband, Edgar Johnson. Edgar Johnson was born October 12, 1912, in Washoe Montana and graduated from the Kansas City Art Institute. They also occasionally published under the joint pseudonym A.E. Johnson. Edgar died in 1990 and Annabell in 2013.
"Annabell (Jones) Johnson (1921-)" and "Edgar (Raymond) Johnson (1912-1990)." "Something About the Author. Vol. 72. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1993.
2.9 Cubic Feet (3 boxes [2 record cartons and 1 hollinger box])
Language of Materials
The collection contains written production materials for books written by Annabel and Edgar Johnson.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by published title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Annabel and Edgar Johnson.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
- Children's literature, American
- Fur traders -- Juvenile fiction
- Navajo Indians -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult literature, American
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Children's stories, American
- Detective and mystery stories
- Extrasensory perception -- Juvenile fiction
- Fathers and sons -- Juvenile fiction
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Juvenile fiction
- Indians of North America -- Juvenile fiction
- Science fiction
- Space flight -- Juvenile fiction
- Survival -- Juvenile fiction
- Time travel -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Annabel and Edgar Johnson Papers, circa 1963-1990
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- December 2019: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library