Barbara Joosse Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes written production materials for children's books by Barbara Joosse. Material includes correspondence, articles, promotional materials, typescripts, proofs, notes ,clippings, research, reviews, and related items.
- Creation: 1982 - 2011
- Joosse, Barbara M. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Barbara M(onnot) Joosse was born February 18, 1949, and grew up in Grafton, Wisconsin. She received a B.A. from the University of Wisconsin in 1970. Her first published book, The Thinking Place was published in 1982, and she has since published dozens of books for children, including both picture and chapter books. She lives in Wisconsin.
Biographical source: "Barbara Joosse (1949-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 343. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2019.
6.25 Cubic Feet (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection contains written production material for children's books written by Barbara Joosse.
Collection guide is arranged into two series: Publications and Miscellaneous. Publications are arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Barbara Joosse.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Bears -- Juvenile fiction
- Bedtime -- Juvenile fiction
- Cats -- Juvenile fiction
- Chickens -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- Christmas stories
- City and town life -- Juvenile fiction
- Death -- Juvenile fiction
- Detective and mystery stories
- Dogs -- Juvenile fiction
- Emigration and immigration -- Juvenile fiction
- Extraterrestrial beings -- Juvenile fiction
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Fantasy fiction
- Fathers and sons -- Juvenile fiction
- Fishing stories
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Gangs -- Juvenile fiction
- Grandmothers -- Juvenile fiction
- Imagination -- Juvenile fiction
- Love -- Juvenile fiction
- Mothers and sons -- Juvenile fiction
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction
- Picture books
- Stories in rhyme
- Western stories
- Barbara Joosse Papers, 1982-2011
- CLRC staff
- 2003, rev. 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2013: Collection reprocessed by Mary Blissenbach; EAD updated by Mary Blissenbach and Karen Spilman
- August 2016: EAD updated by Caitlin Marineau
- June 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library