Norma Kassirer Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains page proofs and a jacket proof for the novel Magic Elizabeth, written by Norma Kassirer and illustrated by Joe Krush.
- circa 1966
- Kassirer, Norma (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Norma Kassirer (1924-2013) was an author and artist. She wrote two books for children (Magic Elizabeth and The Doll Snatchers, as well as short stories, poetry, and novellas. In addition to writing, she was a painter and creator of artist books.
"Norma Kassirer." Burchfield Penney Art Center at Buffalo State College. Accessed June 2022. https://burchfieldpenney.org/art-and-artists/people/profile:norma-kassirer/.
Language of Materials
The collection contains proofs for one book written by Norma Kassirer.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dolls -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Time travel -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Norma Kassirer Collection, circa 1966
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- June 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library