Lucy Kavaler Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts and proofs related to six nonfiction books written by Lucy Kavaler in the 1960s through the early 1980s.
- 1966 - 1981
- Kavaler, Lucy (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Author and editor Lucy Kavaler was born in 1923. She graduated from Oberlin College and was best known for her nonfiction titles for children and adults, including works on both history and science. She also worked for many years as a magazine editor. Kavaler died in October 2010.
Obituary. New York Times. Nov. 1, 2010.
1.65 Cubic Feet (2 boxes [1 record carton and 1 hollinger box])
Language of Materials
The collection contains typescripts and proofs for nonfiction books written by Lucy Kavaler.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by published title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Lucy Kavaler.
- Air -- Pollution -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Astor family (Depicted)
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cryobiology Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Heat -- Physiological effect Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Noise pollution Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lucy Kavaler Papers, 1966-1981
- Jim Eyer, Updated By: Ruth Paloma
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- December 2019: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library