Marilyn Kaye Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a corrected typescript and galley proof for the children's book, Will You Cross Me?, written by Marilyn Kaye and published in 1985.
- Kaye, Marilyn (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Marilyn Kaye (Shannon Blair) was born July 19, 1949 in New Britain, Connecticut. She earned a BA and MLS from Emory University, and a Ph.D. from the University of Chicago in 1983. She has worked as a librarian, professor of library science, and an author of books for children. Kaye has written many series, including Teen Romances, Out of This World, Sisters, Camp Sunnyside Friends, Three of a Kind, Video High, After-School Club, Teammates, and Replica. Many of her works are written under the pseudonym Shannon Blair.
Biographical Source: "Marilyn Kaye (1949-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 110. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2000.
Language of Materials
The collection contains a typescript and proofs for one children's book written by Marilyn Kaye.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Marilyn Kaye via Harper and Row.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marilyn Kaye Collection, 1984
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library