Harold Keith Papers
Scope and Contents
The Harold Keith papers contain photocopies of editorial correspondence related to the book Rifles for Watie, as well as some biographical information on Harold Keith.
- Keith, Harold, 1903-1998 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Harold Keith was born April 8, 1903, in Lambert, Oklahoma. For many years he was sports publicity director at the University of Oklahoma in Norman, and many of his books for young people deal with sport themes. His book Rifles for Watie won the Newbery Medal for 1958 and the Lewis Carroll Shelf Award for 1964. Keith died in 1998.
Biographical Source: "Harold (Verne) Keith (1903-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 2 and 74. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1971 and 1993.
Language of Materials
The collection contains photocopied correspondence related to one book written by Harold Keith, as well as biographical information on the author.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Harold Keith.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Harold Keith Papers, 1956
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library