Sheila La Farge Papers
Scope and Contents
The Sheila La Farge papers contains typescripts related to her career as a translator. The collection includes English typescripts for the books Silas and Ben-Godik and Silas and the Runaway Coach, originally published in Danish by author Cecil Bodker.
- circa 1978
- La Farge, Sheila (Translator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Sheila La Farge is a translator of Scandinavian literature. She lived in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Language of Materials
The collection contains typescripts for two Danish children's books translated into English by Sheila La Farge.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Sheila La Farge.
- Adventure and adventurers -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Adventure stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, Danish -- Translations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Denmark -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Translators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sheila La Farge Papers, circa 1978
- David Byer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library