Elizabeth Hall papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of manuscript materials related to four published titles, including corrected typescripts, corrected page proofs, and notes dating from 1989 to 1995. The collection includes both children's books as well as the psychology book, Seasons of Life.
- 1989-1995, undated
- Hall, Elizabeth, 1929- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Elizabeth Hall was born September 17, 1929 in Bakersfield, California. She completed an A.B. degree at California State University, Fresno in 1962 and pursued post-graduate studies from 1963 to 1965. Hall's work has included time as the Managing Editor of Psychology Todayand Editor in Chief at Human Nature, as well as writing for textbooks in psychology and human development for John Wiley & Sons and Random House. She married her second husband, children's author Scott O'Dell, in 1967, and she began publishing books for young readers at that time, the first being Voltaire's Micromegas. She also cowrote two books with O'Dell, which she completed and published after his death (Thunder Rolling in the Mountains and Venus Among the Fishes. She lives in New York.
1.6 Cubic Feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of manuscript materials related to four books by Elizabeth Hall.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Elizabeth Hall.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Developmental Psychology Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dolphins -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- O'Dell, Scott, 1898-1989
- Wolves -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Elizabeth Hall papers, 1989-1995, undated
- CLRC staff
- February 2004, May 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2014: Collection reprocessed by Carly Lawrence; EAD updated by Kate Dietrick
- May 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library