R. R. Knudson Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, proofs, and correspondence related to nearly a dozen books written by R. R. Knudson, including both fiction and non-fiction titles.
- Creation: 1980 - 1993
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
R. R. Knudson (Rozanne Ruth) was born June 1, 1932 in Washington, D. C. She began her career as a teacher, and became a full time writer in 1972. She is best known for her sports novels and nonfiction books for children and young adults, particularly the Zan series of novels.
1.25 Cubic Feet (1 record carton)
Language of Materials
The collection consists of written production material for children's books written by R. R. Knudson.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of R. R. Knudson
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Athletes -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Bird watching -- Juvenile literature
- Boats and boating -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's poetry, American
- Children's stories, American
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Sports -- Juvenile literature
- Women tennis players -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Young adult fiction, American
- R. R. Knudson Papers, 1980-1993
- Jim Eyer
- 2004, 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- November 2019: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library