Roger Caras Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes typescripts, proofs, correspondence, and related items for four children's books by Roger Caras.
- 1975 - 1979
- Caras, Roger A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Roger Andrew Caras was born in Methuen, MA in 1928. He was an animal rights activist and served as president of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals from 1991 to 1999. He wrote over 100 books about animals, including several for children. He died in 2001.
Biographical Source: "Roger A(ndrew) Caras (1928-2001)." Something About the Author. Vol. 127. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2002.
.3 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
The collection includes production material for four children's books by Caras.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by publication title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Roger Caras.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Coyote -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Skunks -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roger Caras Papers, 1975-1979
- Leslie Czechowski
- April 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2013: Collection reprocessed by Carly Lawrence; EAD updated by Karen Spilman
- May 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library