Stephen Krensky Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, proofs, and related production material for six children's books written by Stephen Krensky in the late 1970s and early 1980s.
- Creation: circa 1977-1982
- Krensky, Stephen (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Children's book author Stephen Krensky was born November 25, 1953, in Boston, MA and graduated from Hamilton College in 1975. He published his first book for children, A Big Day for Scepters, in 1977. Since then, he has written over 150 books for children, both fiction and nonfiction, primarily for primary and middle-grade readers. He lives in Lexington, MA.
"Stephen Krensky (1953-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 317. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2017.
1.65 Cubic Feet (2 boxes [1 record carton and 1 hollinger box])
Language of Materials
The collection contains written production materials for books written by Stephen Krensky.
Collection guide arrange alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Stephen Krensky.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Camping -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Giants -- Juvenile fiction
- Individuality -- Juvenile fiction
- Magic -- Juvenile fiction
- Short stories
- Trolls -- Juvenile fiction
- Witches -- Juvenile fiction
- Stephen Krensky Papers, circa 1977-1982
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- December 2019: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library