Terry Berger Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of production materials for two books written by Terry Berger, and include typescripts, galley proofs, correspondence, and photographs.
- 1968 - 1975
- Berger, Terry (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Terry Berger was born in 1933 in New York, New York. She attended Vassar College (1950-1952), earned her B.A. from Brooklyn College (1954), and a teacher's certificate from Hunter College (1962). She was a teacher from 1963-1968, after which she became a full time writer.
Biographical Source: "Terry Berger (1933-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 8. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1976.
.3 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
The Terry Berger Papers contain production materials for two books written by Berger.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by book title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Terry Berger.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Folklore -- South Africa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Terry Berger Papers, 1968-1975
- Nancy Larsen
- March 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2013: Collection reprocessed by Carly Lawrence; EAD updated by Karen Spilman
- May 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library