Ellen Conford Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains corrected typescripts for two children's books by Ellen Conford: Dreams of Victory and Me and the Terrible Two.
- circa 1973-1974
- Conford, Ellen (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Author Ellen Conford was born in New York City in 1942 and interested in books and writing as a child. She attended Hofstra College and married. She began writing for young people after her son was born, and her first book, Impossible, Possumwas published in 1971. Conford died in 2015.
Biographical Source: "Ellen Conford (1942-)." Something About the Author, Vol. 110. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2000.
Language of Materials
The Ellen Conford Papers contains typescripts for two children's books.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ellen Conford
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Imagination -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Self-confidence -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ellen Conford Papers, circa 1973-1974
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library