Jane Leslie Conly Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of production materials related to seven books by Jane Leslie Conly and includes typescripts dating from 1986 to 2005.
- Creation: 1986-2005, undated
- Conly, Jane Leslie (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Born in 1948, Jane Leslie Conly grew up near Leesburg, Virginia and graduated from Smith College in 1971. Her parents were both writers; Conly's father wrote children' books under the pen name Robert O'Brien. Conly assisted her father with his final novel, Z for Zachariah, and also based her first 1986 publication, Rasco and the Rats of NIMH, on characters he created. Her 1993 publication Crazy Lady! won the Newbery Honor. She lives in Baltimore, Maryland.
.8 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of manuscript materials related to seven books by Jane Leslie Conly.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Jane Leslie Conly.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- Country life -- Juvenile fiction
- Death -- Juvenile fiction
- Extraterrestrial beings -- Juvenile fiction
- Family violence -- Juvenile fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Gangs -- Juvenile fiction
- Mental illness -- Juvenile fiction
- Mice -- Juvenile fiction
- Old age -- Juvenile fiction
- People with mental disabilities -- Juvenile fiction
- Prejudices -- Juvenile fiction
- Rats -- Juvenile fiction
- Science fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Jane Leslie Conly papers, 1986-2005, undated
- Finding aid created by CLRC staff
- October 2004, July 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- March 2014: Collection reprocessed by Carly Lawrence; EAD updated by Kate Dietrick
- February 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library