Caroline Arnold papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains manuscripts, typescripts, dummies, correspondence, final illustrations (including collages), and other production materials for children's books by Arnold, published between 1980 and 2022.
- Creation: 1978-2020
- Arnold, Caroline (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Caroline Arnold was born May 16, 1944, in Pittsburgh, PA. She grew up in Minneapolis, MN, before attending Grinnell College and graduate school at the University of Iowa where she earned degrees in Art. Both an author and illustrator, Arnold has published around 150 books, primarily nonfiction books for children. She currently lives in Los Angeles with her husband, and previously taught in the Writers' Program at UCLA Extension.
5.42 Cubic Feet (9 boxes [1 record carton and 6 flat boxes])
Language of Materials
This collection consists of publication materials for books written and/or illustrated by Caroline Arnold.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by series or publication title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Caroline Arnold.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Drawings (visual works)
- Ink wash paintings
- Manuscripts for publication
- collages (visual works)
- collages (visual works)
- watercolors (paintings)
- Animals -- Africa -- Juvenile literature
- Animals -- Australia -- Juvenile literature
- Animals -- Juvenile literature
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Authors, American -- 21st century
- Birds -- Juvenile literature
- Children's literature -- Illustrations
- Coral reef biology -- Juvenile literature
- Folklore -- United States
- Illustration of books -- 21st century
- Pets -- Juvenile literature
- Picture books
- Social settlements -- United States -- History -- Juvenile literature
- Trees -- Juvenile literature
- Caroline Arnold Papers, 1978-2020
- Caitlin Marineau
- January 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- December 2022: New accrual added and description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
- August 2023: New accrual added and description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library