Carolyn Strom Collins Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of manuscript materials related to four books by Collins, and includes typescripts, correspondence, proofs, dummies, notes, and clippings.
- Creation: 1975-2002, undated
- Collins, Carolyn Strom (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Carolyn Strom Collins grew up in Union, South Carolina. She received her undergraduate degree from Sanford University in Birmingham, Alabama and her Masters of Library Science at the University of Minnesota. Collins has authored ten books, including a children's craft book and nine companion books about classic children's books. She resides in St. Paul, Minnesota where she lives with her husband, Andrew Collins, a professor of Child Development at the University of Minnesota.
.8 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of manuscript materials related to four books by Carolyn Strom Collins published between 1991 and 2000.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by book title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Carolyn Strom Collins.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
- Children's literature, American
- Cooking -- Juvenile literature
- Folk songs, English -- United States
- Handicraft -- Juvenile literature
Genre / Form
- Carolyn Strom Collins papers, 1975-2002, undated
- Finding aid created by CLRC staff
- October 2004, May 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2014: Collection reprocessed by Carly Lawrence; EAD updated by Kate Dietrick
- February 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library