Robert J. Collins Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a corrected draft, proof, and notes for the nonfiction juvenile title East to Cathay, written by Robert J. Collins.
- circa 1968
- Collins, Robert J., 1924- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Robert J. Collins was born in 1924 and is the author of numerous fiction and nonfiction works, many dealing with the topic of American and Japanese culture. He is a former businessman who has lived in Japan for many years.
Language of Materials
The Robert J. Collins Papers contains production material for one nonfiction juvenile title by Collins.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Silk industry -- China -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Trade routes -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robert J. Collins Papers, circa 1968
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library