Jan Neubert Schultz Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains typescripts, correspondence, and research for two children's books by Jan Neubert Schultz: Firestorm and Horse Sense.
- 1994 - 2001
- Schultz, Jan Neubert (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Jan Neubert Schultz grew up in Mankato, MN and graduated from Minnesota State University, Mankato. She has taught second and third grades, and more recently, Early Childhood. She now lives with her husband along the bluffs of the Minnesota River Valley on a farm that was homesteaded by the Schultz family in 1869. A fifth-generation Minnesotan, Ms. Schultz has been fascinated since childhood by the stories that have been handed down in her family and by the people and events that have shaped Minnesota's history.
Biographical Source: http://www.childrensliteraturenetwork.org/aifolder/aipages/ai_s/schultzj.html , 2009
1.25 Cubic Feet (1 record carton)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of print production materials by Jan Neubert Schultz for two children's books written by Jan Neubert Schultz.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by published title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Jan Neubert Schultz.
- Authors, American -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fathers and sons -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fires -- Minnesota -- Hinckley -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Horses -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- James, Jesse, 1847-1882 -- Juvenile fiction
- Minnesota -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minnesota -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jan Neubert Schultz Papers, 1994-2001
- CLRC Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library