Linda Sue Park Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of manuscript materials related to children's books written by Linda Sue Park and includes corrected typescripts, page proofs, corrected page proofs, proofs of jackets, holographs, correspondence, notes, and a speech dated between 1997 and 2013.
- Creation: 1997-circa 2013
- Park, Linda Sue (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Linda Sue Park was born on March 25, 1960 in Urbana, Illinois to parents who had immigrated to the United States from South Korea. She graduated from Stanford University with a degree in English and went on to purspue advanced degrees in literature from Trinity College and the University of London. Her first novel, Seesaw Girl, came out in 1999; her 2001 novel A Single Shardreceived the Newbery Medal in 2002. She currently lives in Rochester, New York with her family.
5 boxes (5.75 cubic feet)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of manuscript materials related to publications written by Linda Sue Park between 1999 and 2013.
Collection guide is arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Linda Sue Park.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 21st century
- Baseball stories
- Brothers -- Juvenile fiction
- Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- Cooking, Korean -- Juvenile fiction
- Courage -- Juvenile fiction
- Detective and mystery stories
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Korean Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Juvenile fiction
- Magic -- Juvenile fiction
- Orphans -- Korea -- Juvenile fiction
- Picture books
- Prejudices -- Juvenile fiction
- Refugees -- Juvenile fiction
- Sex role -- Juvenile fiction
- Stories in rhyme
- Time travel -- Juvenile fiction
- War stories
- Linda Sue Park papers, undated, 1997-circa 2013
- Finding aid created by CLRC staff
- 2009, July 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2014: Collection reprocessed by Lindsey Geyer; EAD updated by Kate Dietrick
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library