David Stemple Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, correspondence, proofs, and related material for High Ridge Gobbler, written by David Stemple and illustrated by Ted Lewin.
- 1978 - 1980
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
David Stemple is Professor Emeritus in Computer Science at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Since 1998 he has worked as an ornithologist and studies thrushes. He is married to author Jane Yolen and lives in Massachusetts.
Language of Materials
This collection consists of print production materials for one title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
On permament loan from David Stemple and Jane Yolen.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wild turkey -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- David Stemple Papers, 1978-1980
- CLRC Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- December 2016: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library