Sheri Cooper Sinykin Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of manuscript materials relates to published novels and short stories by Sheri Cooper Sinykin, and includes materials such as typescripts, corrected typescripts, correspondence, notes, research materials, page proofs, corrected page proofs, clippings, dummies, and holographs.
- 1982-2007, undated
- Sinykin, Sheri Cooper (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Born May 3, 1950, in Chicago, Illinois, Sheri Cooper Sinykin grew up in Sacramento, California. She attended Stanford University, graduating in 1972 with a B.A. in Communications-Journalism. She worked as a reporter, hospital public relations director, and executive director of a visitors bureau; she also spent six years as the regional advisor for the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators while living in Wisconsin. In 2003, Sinykin received her MFA in Writing for Children from Vermont College. She has written nearly 20 books for young readers, including eight in the Magic Attic Club series. She currently splits her time living in centra Massachusetts and Sun lakes, Arizona. Her personal website is at www.sherisinykin.com.
7.55 Cubic Feet (7 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of manuscript materials related to children's books, both novels and short stories, by Sheri Cooper Sinykin.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title. Note: Dates for the titles vary -- if a date of publication was determined, it is listed after the title. If no publication date could be verified, the date range of the materials is listed after the title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Sheri Cooper Sinykin.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sheri Cooper Sinykin papers, 1982-2007, undated
- Finding aid created by Kate Dietrick
- August 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- August 2014: Collection reprocessed by Laura Howard; EAD updated by Kate Dietrick
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library