Mildred H. Feague Papers
Scope and Contents
The Mildred H. Feague Papers contains corrected typescripts, dummies, and correspondence for two children's books written by Feague in the late 1960s and early 1970s: The Little Indian and the Angel and Little Sky Eagle and the Pumpkin Drum.
- 1967 - 1973
- Feague, Mildred H. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Mildred Feague was born May 30, 1915 in Sharon, PA. She earned an AB from Hiram College and an MS.Ed. from Westminster College. She became an educator and writer, teaching in Arizona and Michigan. She published several books for children. Feague died in 1989.
Mildred H. Feague (1915-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 14. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1978.
"Mildred Feague (Hickox)." Billion Graves. https://billiongraves.com/grave/Mildred-Hickox-Feague/31642546.
Language of Materials
The collection contains production material for two children's books written by Mildred H. Feague.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mildred H. Feague.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Navajo Indians -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mildred H. Feague Papers, 1967-1973
- Lois Steer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library