Robert Frankenberg Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists one watercolor study by Frankenberg created for the jacket of the book Somebody, Somewhere, written by Laura Nelson Baker and published in 1962.
- circa 1962
- Frankenberg, Robert, 1911-2001 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Frankenberg was born March 19, 1911, in Mt. Vernon, NY and studied at the Art Students League in New York City. In 1947 he became an instructor at New York's School of Visual Art, heading the drawing department from 1958 to 1967. He illustrated numerous books for children and several textbooks, and his work also appeared in many popular magazines. Frankenberg died in 2011.
"Robert Frankenberg (1911-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 22. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1981.
Language of Materials
The collection contains one watercolor study for the jacket of a book written by Laura Nelson Baker.
- Book jackets Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult fiction, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- watercolors (paintings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Robert Frankenberg collection, circa 1962
- Larry Peterson, September 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2023: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library