Ina R. Friedman Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, proofs, correspondence, and other material related to the writing and publication of the children's book How My Parents Learned to Eat, by Ina R. Friedman.
- 1982 - 1985
- Friedman, Ina R. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Ina Rosen Friedman was born January 6, 1926 in Chester, PA. She earned a B.A. from Pennsylvania State University and M.A. from Lesley College. Her career endeavors have included writer, lecturer, filmmaker, and storyteller. In 1985, her children's book How My Parents Learned to Eat won the Christopher Award and was a Reading Rainbow selection, among other awards. She has written numerous works on the Holocaust. She lives in Brookline, M.A.
"Ina R(osen) Friedman (1926-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 136. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2003.
Language of Materials
Ina R. Friedman's papers contain material related to the writing of one children's book by Friedman.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ina R. Friedman.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manners and customs -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ina R. Friedman Papers, 1982-1985
- Lois Steer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library