Elizabeth Froman Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, a proof, and correspondence related to the writing and publication of the children's book Mr. Drackle and his Dragons.
- 1965 - 1970
- Froman, Elizabeth Hull (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Elizabeth Hull Froman was a writer born April 26, 1920 in Minneapolis, MN. She attended Minnesota public schools and wrote several books for children. She lived in Tompkins Cove, New York, before her death on January 11, 1975.
"Elizabeth Hull Froman (1920-1975)." Something About the Author Vol. 10. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1975.
Language of Materials
Elizabeth Froman's papers contain material related to the creation of one children's book by Froman.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Elizabeth Froman.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dragons -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fantasy -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Elizabeth Froman Papers, 1965-1970
- Lois Steer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library