Nadia Christensen and Neil Hollander Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts for the children's book The Magic Clock, written by Nadia Christensen and Neil Hollander.
- circa 1979
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Nadia Christensen is a scholar, author, and translator of of Scandinavian literature. She was born in Minneapolis, and graduated from Augsburg College, before earning a master's degree from the University of Minnesota and a Ph.D. in comparative literature from the University of Washington in 1972. She has taught at universities, and served as director of publications for the American-Scandinavian Foundation in New York and editor of Scandinavian Review. She has produced numerous translations, and in 1996 was knighted by the King of Norway for her work as a translator.
Neil Hollander is an author, filmmaker, and sailor. He was born in 1939 in New York City. In addition to his writing, he has created documentary films, and has sailed across several oceans. He lives in Paris, France.
Language of Materials
Includes typescripts for one children's book cowritten by Nadia Christensen and Neil Hollander.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Nadia Christensen.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clocks and watches -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Time -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nadia Christensen and Neil Hollander Collection, circa 1979
- Leslie Czechowski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library