James D. Forman Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes drafts, proofs, correspondence, and notes related to the writing and publication of the nonfiction young adult book That Mad Game: War and the Chances for Peace, written by James D. Forman and published in 1980.
- 1978 - 1980
- Forman, James D. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
James D. Forman was born November 12, 1932 in Mineola, Long Island, New York. He received an A.B. Degree from Princeton University in 1954 and a LL.B. Degree from Columbia University in 1957. He was a young adult author and attorney, writing both fiction and nonfiction. Many of his works focused on historical topics, such as World War II. Forman died in 2009.
"James Douglas Forman (1932-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 70. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1993.
.4 Cubic Feet (1 hollinger box)
Language of Materials
James D. Forman's papers include written production material for one nonfiction book written by Forman.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of James Forman.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Peace -- History -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- War -- History -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- James D. Forman Papers, 1978-1980
- Lois Steer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library