Alfred Henry Forrester Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of one black and white illustration of Tom Thumb. It is unknown if it appeared in publication.
- Forrester, Alfred Henry, 1804-1872 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Alfred Henry Forrester (1804-1872) was an English author, artist, and cartoonist. He illustrated several books written by his brother, Charles Robert Forrester. During the years 1827-1844 they jointly used the pseudonym Alfred Crowquill. After that time it was used by Alfred Henry Forrester alone.
Language of Materials
The collection consists of one black ink drawing by Forrester.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Dr. Irvin Kerlan.
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Folklore -- England Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- England Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kerlan, Irvin, 1912-1963 (Donor, Person)
- Alfred Henry Forrester collection, undated
- Larry Peterson, August 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2023: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library