Stanley Pachon Correspondence
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence to and from Stanley Pachon and John T. Dizer, and Robert E. Walters. The correspondence concerns their interest in dime novels and juvenile literature, as well as personal matters. John T. Dizer's correspondence also includes a copy of Pachon's obituary and a small bit of material about the estate and an estate auction.
- 1975 - 1989
- Pachon, Stanley (Correspondent, Person)
- Dizer, John T., 1921- (Correspondent, Person)
- Walters, Robert E. (Correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Stanley Pachon was a researcher and collector of historical juvenile literature, including dime novels, comics, and related materials, maintaining a strong interest in the Horatio Alger series. He was born in Krofna, Poland to Joseph and Mary Pachon. He lived in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, where he worked for the Bethlehem Steel Corp. for 35 years. He died in December 1988.
John (Jack) T. Dizer (1921-2017) was an engineer and professor at Mohawk Valley Community College.
Obituary of Stanley Pachon. The Globe-Times (Bethlehem, PA). December 3, 1988.
Dizer, John T. John T. Dizer to Edward G. Ruyak, Esq., Bethlehem, PA, December 19, 1988.
.4 Cubic Feet (1 Hollinger record box)
Language of Materials
The collection contains correspondence between Stanley Pachon, John T. Dizer, and Robert E. Walters.
The collection is arranged alphabetically by correspondent.
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dime novels Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Popular literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pulp literature -- American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stanley Pachon Correspondence, 1975-1989
- Lois Steer, October 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2023: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library