Albert B. Paine Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains corrected proofs and related material for a 1967 Macmillan edition of The Girl in White Armor, a biography of Joan of Arc by Albert Bigelow Paine originally published in 1927.
- circa 1967
- Paine, Albert Bigelow, 1861-1937 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law
Biographical / Historical
Albert Bigelow Pain was an author best known for his biographies, especially his works on Mark Twain. He was born in 1861 in Masachusetts and died in 1937.
Language of Materials
The collections contains material related to the publishing of a new edition of one children's book written by the late Albert Bigelow Paine.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- France -- History -- House of Valois, 1328-1589 -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Joan of Arc, Saint, 1412-1431 (Depicted) -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Albert B. Paine Collection, circa 1967
- Lois Steer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note