George Panetta Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains materials for one children's book, The Sea Beach Express", published in 1966. The materials include a corrected typescript, and proofs.
- Panetta, George (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
George Panetta was born August 6, 1915 in New York, NY. He attended City College of New York, 1934-36. He was a copywriter before becoming a fiction writer and a playwright. He died October 16, 1969.
"George Panetta (1915-1969)." Something About the Author. Vol. 15. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1979.
Language of Materials
The collection contains written material related to one children's book written by George Panetta.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Beaches -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Coney Island (New York, N.Y.) -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Seashore -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- George Panetta Papers, 1966
- Lois Steer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library