Richard Parker Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a photocopy of the British edition of Richard Parker's children's novel A Time to Choose, originally published in the United Kingdom in 1973, with editorial marks indicating changes for the 1974 U.S. edition.
- circa 1974
- Parker, Richard, 1915- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Richard Parker was an English author who was born in 1915 and died in 1990. He was a librarian and teacher who began writing for children in the early 1950s. Many of his books were based on incidents involving his own family, and others came out of his teaching experiences.
"Richard Parker (1915-)." Something About the Author. Vol. 14. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1978.
Language of Materials
The collection contains material related to the U.S. printing for one children's book by Richard Parker.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Sent to the collection by publisher Harper and Row.
- Authors, English -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, English Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Science fiction -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Space and time -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Richard Parker Collection, circa 1974
- Larry Peterson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- January 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library