Maxfield Parrish Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains four color prints from The Arabian Nights, illustrated by Maxfield Parrish and published in 1909.
- Parrish, Maxfield, 1870-1966 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Maxfield Parrish was an American artist and illustrator who was born in 1870 and died in 1966.
Language of Materials
The collection consists of 4 color prints.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fairy tales Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- prints (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Maxfield Parrish Collection, undated
- Larry Peterson, November 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library