William Heyer Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection includes original black and white illustrations as well as a layout for the title page of Cadet Command, written by Sidney Offit, and illustrated by William Heyer.
- circa 1962
- Heyer, William (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
William Heyer was an American artist and illustrator from New York. He was born in 1896 and died in 1973.
Language of Materials
Collection includes illustrative materials for one children's book illustrated by William Heyer.
- Basketball stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military education -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- William Heyer papers, circa 1962
- Elizabeth Langley
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library