James Duncan Lawrence Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts for two children's books in the Binky Brothers series, written by James Duncan Lawrence.
- 1967 - 1972
- Lawrence, James Duncan, 1918-1994 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
James Duncan Lawrence was born in 1918 in Detroit, Michigan. He wrote works in the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and Bobbsy Twins, and Tom Swift series, as well as others, mostly under pseudonyms such as "Sherry Lemmon," "Hunter Adams," Victor Appleton II," and "Jack Lancer." He died in 1994 in Summit, New Jersey.
Language of Materials
Contains typescripts for two children's books by James Duncan Lawrence.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of James Duncan Lawrence.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Detective and mystery stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- James Duncan Lawrence Papers, 1967-1972
- David E Byer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- September 2017: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library