John Polgreen Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains illustrative materials for the book Exploring Under the Earth; the Story Of Geology and Geo-physics, written in 1960 by Roy A. Gallant. Included are original sketches and watercolor for the dust jacket.
- circa 1960
- Polgreen, John (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
John Polgreen was born in Syracuse, New York. Educated at Grand Central Art School and R. I. T. in Rochester, New York. He was an author and illustrator of astronomy books.
Language of Materials
John Polgreen's illustrative works includes layout pages with original crayon sketches and watercolor for a dust jacket for one title.
- Book jackets Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Geology Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- John Polgreen Papers, circa 1960
- Lois Steer, March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- October 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library