Jean MacDonald Porter Collection
Scope and Contents
The illustrative material contained in the collection includes black and white illustrations, ink drawing, and acetates for dust jacket for the book Family Grandstand by Carol Ryrie Brink.
- circa 1952
- Porter, Jean MacDonald (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Jean MacDonald Porter illustrated multiple books for children in the mid-20th century, including Family Grandstand by Carol Ryrie Brink.
Language of Materials
Jean MacDonald Porter's collection contains illustrative material for one title by Carol Ryrie Brink.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Artwork part of Carol Ryrie Brink Collection originally given to Dr. Irvin Kerlan who in turn donated it to the University of Minnesota.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Families -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minnesota -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Minnesota -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kerlan, Irvin, 1912-1963 (Donor, Person)
- Jean MacDonald Porter Collection, circa 1952
- Lois Steer, April 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- October 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library