Zenas Potter Collection
Scope and Content
The collection includes illustrative materials for one picture book Goodness, Mrs. Goose!, written by Miriam Clark Potter in 1960. The collection contains black and white illustrations.
- Before 1960
- Potter, Zenas L. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Zenas L. Potter was born in 1910 and was married to author and illustrator Miriam Clark Potter and helped illustrate her books.
Language of Materials
Zenas Potter's illustrative papers are for one children's book written by Miriam Clark Potter in 1960
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was given to Dr. Irvin Kerlan, who then gave it to the University of Minnesota.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Geese -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Zenas Potter Collection, before 1960
- Lois Steer, April 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- October 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library