Richard M. Powers Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains illustrations and mechanical paste-ups for the children's books Burro Benedicto and Other Folktales and Legends Of Mexico, To Tell My People, illustrated by Richard Powers.
- circa 1960-circa 1968
- Powers, Richard M. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Richard M. Powers was an American illustrator born in 1921. He was best known for his science fiction and fantasy illustrations. He died in 1996.
Language of Materials
The collection contains illustrative material for two children's books illustrated by Richard Powers.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Part of the collection was given to Dr. Irvin Kerlan, who gave it to the University of Minnesota and some was a gift from Richard Powers.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Folklore -- Mexico Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Great Britain -- History -- Roman period, 55 B.C.-449 A.D. -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- watercolors (paintings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Richard M. Powers Collection, circa 1960-circa 1968
- Lois Steer, April 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- October 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library