Don Perceval Collection
Scope and Contents
Contained in this collection are 45 ink illustrations on 23 mats for the title The Wilderness is a Book written by LaRee Caughey and illustrated by Don Perceval.
- circa 1966
- Perceval, Don Louis (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Don Louis Perceval was born in England in 1908 and raised in Los Angeles, California. After World War II, when he served in the Royal Navy, he taught at the Chouinard Art School and Pomona College in California. He spent much of his art career traveling around Arizona and sketching the Navajo and Hopi peoples. He died in California in 1979.
"Don Louis Perceval (1908-1979)." Taos and Santa Fe Painters. https://taospainters.com/don_percival/.
Language of Materials
This collection consists of 45 ink illustrations on 23 mats for one children's book illustrated by Don Perceval.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Don Perceval Collection, circa 1966
- Larry Peterson, February 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- October 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library